Sunday, October 15, 2006

CU / Texas Star Events Center

On Friday evening, I played for Consumers Union Special thanks to Melissa, my daughter's mother at their housewarming party. We had a cool Friday evening with everybody enjoying food and beverages at the end of the work week. Thanks to Melissa, my daughter's mother for hooking me up with this great opportunity.

On Saturday night, I played at Texas Star Meeting Event Center last night for Shannon & David Zuniga and we had a great time. This venue is way deep in South Austin on Manchaca and can hold up to 400 people. It's very clean and has two huge halls that can be used at the same time. They have a cool gazebo room if you want to have the ceremony there as well. It is conveniently located behind Austin Party Central, where you can rent any additional items you need for your reception.

Musically, we went all over the place, from classic jazz to hip-hop, tejano, and country. I played 6 songs for the dollar dance. People just kept lining up, so we kept it going. I wish we could have played a couple more hours.

Thanks to Shannon & David for a great event and thanks also to Lydia of Texas Star who was very helpful coordinating the flow of the evening and keeping me supplied with water.

A great weekend!

DJ-RJ

No comments: