Friday, June 09, 2006

Paris Hilton's New Song - UB40 - Ruta Maya y Mas

So I heard about Paris Hilton's new reggae song "Stars Are Blind" and I got a copy that was "leaked to the internet" (can you say smart marketing?) and I have listened to it a few times and I must say I quite like it. Not sure who produced it, most likely an American producer as it is quite poppy. Perhaps it will be a summer smash? The vocal reminds me of Gwen Stefani and they used the riddim from UB40's Kingston Town, who by the way will be coming to Austin for the Reggae Sunsplash tour August 25th at The Backyard. That should be a great show.

Spent tonight mixing at Ruta Maya. Had some great music from Melissa Greener & Sarah Dashew. Got to record them both into the laptop and it looks like we need a real soundcard very soon to bring the quality up to where it should be. The LightScribe burner is the bomb!

Earlier in the day, did some radio spots for the Austin History Center for Juneteenth history, and also some spots for Yolanda B who is doing a comedy show. This was the first spot she has voiced since I have worked with her and she just knocked it out in fine style. You can hear noth the spots daily on KAZI 88.7 FM. Here is the info on the comedy show:

Get Yo Laugh & Groove On
Saturday, June 17th, Doors Open at 7p. Pre-Show starts at 8:15p. Tickets $10.00. Comedy Show at 9:30p with Keisha Hunt & Lil' Brough. Performances featuring Rochell Terrell, Al B. Wilson , Strictly Business, CeCe, Caporie and Arthanik & Dream Boys. Location: Texas 1115 (Formerly Texas Mist). For more information 512.576.8387 or 512.385.3553

RJ


“It will work. I am a marketing genius.”
“The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday”
“I like it, ... but it's yellow, and I'm like, I didn't want yellow for my engagement ring.”
~Paris Hilton

No comments: