Saturday, April 15, 2006

She Thinks My Traktor's Sexy

Greetings to all !

I have decided to jump into the blogging game and see what I can learn from a new journey in communication. I look forward to hearing from anybody out there in regards to topics regarding DJing, music, technology, business and related topics. If you are getting married, please let me know if you have any questions, and if I can help you.

Two things I am really excited about this week:

I upgraded my Traktor DJ software to 3.0 this week. This is the software I use on most of my gigs to run music. I'm most excited about the upgrade as the new version offers the possibility of running 4 decks, as opposed to two that were in the previous version, plus they have added some awesome digital effects, for those of us who like to twirl knobs and play with the sounds. Here is a screen shot:
I think this is really going to be a lot of fun and open up new possibilities for what can be done with DJing. Hopefully soon I will figure out which hardware controller is going to work for me to run this.

The other thing I am excited about is The Austin Reggae Festival this weekend. The fest will be all day from noon to 10pm and I will be DJing with Catch A Fire between bands and also playing drums with Five Ton Chicken Sunday at 2:30. Hope to have some pics to post on Monday from the events.

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!

DJ-RJ

2 comments:

Brian Damage said...

Do you do any recording at home? I'd love to hear a mix!

DJ-RJ said...

For the pilates, I recommend this book, though it is not cheap.