Monday, April 17, 2006

Reggae Fest Wrap / Coming Up

Well the Reggae Fest on Sunday turned out nice, though it was very hot and of course more dust. Highlights for me were for Lionhead and my set with Five Ton Chicken and more great food from Soul Vegetarian restaurant, their jerk tofu and mac-n-cheese were excellent!

This morning, I was watering the yard and got a call at 11:34 from our station manager that he needed me to be in the station by noon to get Democracy Now! on then do my show at 1:00. I arrived at the station while the underwriting spots were running just barely in time to get the show on the air.

This is a busy week for me workwise. I will be in Corpus Christi on Thursday with Five Ton Chicken at Dr Rockit's Blue Bar. On Friday, I have a jr high dance in Pflugerville for the Pflugerville Police Association and a wedding for Kirk & Rachel on Saturday. Sunday, I will be off to Fort Worth for 3 days for the Southern Disc Jockey Convention. I am very excited to attend the seminars and learn more about the craft and hang out with a bunch of DJs.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to do what I love and make a living. Imagine if everybody could find enough courage to follow their heart and do their passion in life? Things would look quite different wouldn't they ?

Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears. ~Arthur Koestler

RJ

3 comments:

keda said...

can't help with any of the topics you listed below on yr first post... but i can say welcome to the community.

and blog on!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you spread your positive messages from the pen as well as the speaker!

mark

DJ-RJ said...

Thanks y'all! Finally moderating these comments...