Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Weekend Update

Congrats to Velincia and Breyon on their new beginning! Saturday night was a great night at Angel Springs Events Center. This venue is first class all the way. It is beautiful all around with lots of trees, space and is well maintained and clean. The owners, Norma and Anthony are on top of things. I wish I had taken more pictures of the place. Got to finally see people doing the Chicken Noodle Soup and I enjoyed that quite a bit. The kids were all over me to play it. Ran lots of old-school and we had a great time.

The ice sculpture was beautiful and was created by Doug at Amazing Ice Designs.

Special thanks also to Kasha, Inez and Kristin from Bella Occasions who helped keep the evening flowing smoothly from the reception to the end.

Found out today that Adobe has a new version on Audition out (2.0) which I was unaware of since I wasn't getting their email updates. We got it at the radio station on the new computers that were installed this week, so it is time to do an upgrade here since I do a lot of audio editing with that software.

I am starting a new thing with the Monday radio show called All Request Monday. I took calls from listeners today to get their old school requests for songs they haven't heard in a long time, esp rare things that aren't so obvious. This will be on the 1st Monday of the month from 1-2PM on KAZI 88.7 FM. If you have a request, let me know: REQUEST.

The highlight of my evening tonight was when my daughter Alex came over to hang out and was teaching me music theory with the notes on the bass and treble clefs. She is on it!

All for now...

Musically at your service, RJ. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi RJ,

Anthony with Angel Springs here. I just wanted to let you know that the ice sculpture was by Doug at Amazing Ice Designs, www.amazingicedesigns.com. He's been to Angel Springs several times and always does beautiful work.