Saturday, May 13, 2006

Elektric Weekend

Saturday morning and I am preparing for a meeting with a client and doing some things around the house, laundry and cleaning out my closet. So liberating to get rid of things that are no longer serving where I want to go in life.

Last night, did a wedding for Lynn & Blake out by Lake Travis and it went great. They sang "I Got You Babe" as their introduction karaoke style and people loved it.

Tonight another wedding at Shoreline Grill for Mark & Caroline. We have a great songlist ready to roll out so it should be a great party.

Tomorrow morning, we will be playing a new song at Unity called, "Open The Eyes of My Heart."

Musically this week, what is really kicking my butt is the new one from London Elektricity called Power Ballads. Intense, intelligent electronic music with lyrics too. Seems like I have been playing it continously for the last week or so. Check them out! Also got turned on last night to Raúl Midón who plays acoustic soul. Got to dig a litle deeper as he has me curious...

To all the mommys -- Happy Mothers Day!!!!

RJ


God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
~Jewish proverb

No comments: