Monday, June 14, 2010

Quote For A DJ For "Just 4 Hours"

A great article here.

RJ

Typically these days I am on-site from about two to three hours before the ceremony starts (playing music and providing sound for the ceremony), followed by cocktail and canapé hours, then on to the reception where I am usually both the Master of Ceremonies and the DJ. A 14 hour day (plus travel and prep time) is commonplace.

Before that even happens though, I’m putting in between 12 and 20 hours of preparation time, including up to two meetings with the couple (and their parents where possible and appropriate). Only by being properly prepared can I offer the sort of service that my clients truly deserve.

Of course if all you really want is a DJ for 4 hours, you can find plenty of the old-style DJs in the Yellow Pages. They still need to advertise to get their clients because they don’t get referred as much. There might be a reason for that.

Quote For A DJ For Just 4 Hours

No comments: