Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Amazing DJ Conference

I went to the North Texas Entertainers Conference yesterday in Grand Prairie, TX. I attended some great workshops and drove back to Austin quite inspired despite three hours of sleep the previous night. Three lectures were presented by Peter Merry that were excellent. Peter is setting the bar higher for many DJs by showing how great service can be delivered. His first seminar was about marketing and using web 2.0 websites to expand and share things. I am way into that already in many ways. For instance, you can follow me on Twitter if you want to keep up with my day to day runnings. His second was grand entrances and how to make them more personal to all in attendance. He told a very touching story of a widow that he introduced in a bridal party that I am sure touched everyone in attendance. My grand entrances will be different from now on. And his last presentation over dinner was the Starbuck's Effect and how their model of service and quality can be applied to the DJ profession. Erlier in the day, we had a great presentation on Latin music from Jaime Chavez that gave me a much better understanding of Mexican regional and tejano music. We also saw a great presentation on computer-controlled DMX lighting that amazing. Big props to the DFW ADJA chapter for a great show!

Let me put this some of this knowledge to use for you!

DJ-RJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been pretty busy. Are you attending the bridal show on the 14th?

DJ-RJ said...

No plans to attend yet. Maybe though.