Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Recording - New Year Vibes - Pops

Been in the studio more lately it seems. Did some vocal overdubs with Jye-I on Sunday and today recorded demos of three songs for Lissie Connelly and also got her up on MySpace. Check her out and say hey.

Had a great show on Monday (see comments for playlist). The new What It Is! funk compilation from Rhino is fantastic. Played some tracks from that and also excited about Omar's album called Sing (If You Want It). Since the new year turned over I have had a lot to sing about.

Later this week, my father is in town again. Tune in to my show next Monday from 1-3 pm when he will sit in with me agin. Last time we played 50s R&B and got great response from listeners.

This week Austin Wedding Day magazine will premiere their first edition for 2007 in a new format and size. I'm looking forward to seeing it as well as the new ad in it for Music4Life... then two weddings this weekend that I am excited about.

All for now. Seattle's Best just asked me to turn off the open sign so I guess I gotta get out of here.

All the best to you this year!!

DJ-RJ

1 comment:

DJ-RJ said...

Austin Community Radio Inc. 88.7 FM
Monday, January 8, 2007 1-3 pm
RJ's R&B


The Noble Knights/ sing a simple song
Eldridge Holmes/ pop, popcorn children/
Bar-Kays/ soul finger
Cold Grits/ it's your thing
James Brown/ get up offa that thing
James Brown/ give it up or turn it loose
James Brown/ make it funky
Irma Thomas/ love of my man
Cyril Neville/ gossip
Brother Jack McDuff/ the shadow of your smile
Don Covay & The Jefferson Lemon Blues Band/ sookie sookie
Gwen McCrae/ all this love that I'm giving
LTD/ love to the world
Willie West/ fairchild
Sonny Charles/ put it in a magazine

Rick Braun/ love's theme
Omar feat Stevie Wonder/ feeling you
D'Angelo/ lady (live at The Jazz Cafe)
PJ Morton/ how we were (remix)
Brand New Heavies/ ten ton take
Omar/ it's so
Maxi Priest/ close to you
RC & The Groovediggers/ right now!
Mary J Blige/ we ride (I see the future)
Brian McKnight/ love of my life
Musiq/ buddy
Mambo Sauce/ damn Joe
Omar/ your mess